- APPENDIX Taxi in Passau
- APPENDIX Places to visit in/around Passau
We are distributed over two buildings on the campus of the University of Passau: the IT-Centre/International House (short: ITZ/IH) and the Zentrum für Medien und Kommunikation (short: ZMK).
Here are two maps of the University campus:
On the map, the ITZ is the building in the south, close to the sports centre. (Rumor has it that the shape is inspired by the “square root”-sign, but judge for yourself.)
The address is :
Innstrasse 43 94032 Passau
Chair of Harald Kosch
You can take the stairs or the elevator. In either case, turn left and walk down the hallway untily you reach a door labelled “Distributed Multimedia and Informition Systems”. You have reached your destination. Here are the exact x-y-coordinates on OpenStreetmap.
The office is held by Ingrid Winter.
Most meetings are held in R 249.
This room is located on the ground floor of the ITZ facing the soccer pitch. Here are the exact x-y-coordinates on OpenStreetmap.
On the map, the ZMK is the building next to bridge between cantine and IM.
The address is :
Innstrasse 33a 94032 Passau
Professorship of Michael Granitzer
Michael Granitzer and his group are located (mostly) on the first floor. The office is held by Annemarie Gertler-Weber.
APPENDIX Taxi in Passau
Taxis in Passau are organized within the Taxi Zentrale.
APPENDIX Places to visit in/around Passau
After a long and productive week you’re hopefully looking forward to a refreshing weekend in (and around) the Bavarian forest. The University maintains a website with suggestions for excursions (unfortunately only in German). Also, the city has a monthly magazine (unfortunately also only in German).
You can enjoy a panorama view of Passau from two angles (i.e. restaurants)
A guided tour will/should take you to the following places
- Alte und neue Residenz: fuerstliche Residenz; alte Residenz jetzt Landgericht, neue Residenz jetzt Bischoefliches Ordinariat und Eingang zum Domschatzmuseum
- Dom St. Stephan: barocker Neubau von 1668-1693, groesste katholische Kirchenorgel der Welt (spielt werktags um 12:00 und jeden Donnerstag um 19:30)
- Dreiflüsseeck: gruener Inn, scharze Ilz, blaue Donau
- Fünferlsteg: verbindet Alt- mit Innstadt, 1916 als Hindenburgsteg errichtet, Brueckenmaut bis 1976
- Severinstor und Peicherturm: 1412 errichtet, erhaltener Teil der Stadtmauer.
- Residenzplatz mit Wittelsbacherbrunnen
- peb indoor and outdoor, sauna
- Rottal Terme thermal spring
- Naturfreibad Thyrnau (10 km)
- Eginger See (30 km) Naturbadesee
- Stausee Oberilzmühle (8 km)
- Lauf- und Bewegungspark “Unterer Inn”
- Motorikpark Ingling
- Trimm-Dich-Pfad Kohlbruck
- Pilgrimage Church Mariahilf
- The Scharfrichterhaus offers a stage for music and (mostly political) cabaret since 1977
- At Youexit, you and your friends can play an “exit game”. This means, that you will be locked up in a thematic room full of puzzles which you have to solve in order to escape. (Our current record for the “Invasion” room stands at 35’.)
- LaserTag Arena Passau
- Theater im Fürstbischöflichen Opernhaus Passau